Saturday, July 16th, 2011 at 7:53pm. 1,090 Views, 0 Comments.
Fascinating Facts about February
- New York City's Grand Central Terminal opened on February 1, 1913.
- Frank Sinatra debuted with the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra on February 2, 1940.
- The Beatles made their first appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show on February 9, 1964.
- The IBM supercomputer Deep Blue defeated Garry Kasparov for the first time on February 10, 1996.
- Nelson Mandela was freed on February 11, 1990.
- The last original Peanuts comic strip appeared on February 13, 2000, one day after Charles M. Schulz died.
- YouTube was launched on February 15, 2005.
- The first telephone book was issued in New Haven, Connecticut, on February 21, 1878.
- National Public Radio was founded on February 24, 1970.
Saturday, July 16th, 2011 at 7:52pm. 1,019 Views, 0 Comments.
How to Save Money on Printer Ink
Check Expiration Dates
Cartridges with expiration dates can appear empty even if never used. The solution is simple: reset your computer clock to fool your PC and bring cartridges back to life.
Depending upon your make and model of printer, chances are there is a generic equivalent.
Trade in old cartridges for a discount. Not only will it save a few dollars, but it’s good for the environment.
Buy ink and refill old cartridges. Most makes and models can be refilled for a fraction of the cost of buying new.
Texas Real Estate Agents
Mission Realty, Inc.
7272 Wurzbach Rd., Ste 1003,
Saturday, July 16th, 2011 at 7:51pm. 886 Views, 0 Comments.
How to Benefit from a Home Inspection
Buyers are often tempted to cut corners on things like home inspections to save money for fun items like furniture or a big-screen television. Don't! A home inspection is one of the best investments you can make when purchasing a new home or other real estate.
Learn how to use a home inspection to your advantage with these pointers.
Plan and Prepare
Think of a home inspection as a fact-finding mission. Having a complete home inspection performed is one step toward finding out everything there is to know about the property.
Go beyond the basics by having water, soil, electrical, HVAC, pest and other systems thoroughly tested in addition to the regular home inspection.…
Saturday, July 16th, 2011 at 7:50pm. 910 Views, 0 Comments.
Wondering How Much Your Home Is Worth? Has your home gone up in value? How much are other homes in your neighborhood selling for?
If you're wondering what's happening to prices in your area, or you're thinking about selling your house, I'll be able to help.
Just give my office a call for a no-fuss, professional evaluation. I won't try to push you into listing with me or waste your time. I'll just give you the honest facts about your home and its value. And maybe I'll also give you the "inside scoop" on what's happening in the housing market near where you live!
Just give my office a call at 210-744-4514 to arrange an appointment.
Download the complete newsletter.
Family and Home Tidings newsletter…
Saturday, July 16th, 2011 at 7:49pm. 990 Views, 0 Comments.
Some quotes from the writings of Charles Dickens, who was born on February 7, 1812:
- "Please, sir, I want some more."
- "Never close your lips to those you have opened your heart."
- "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."
- "It is right to begin with the obligations of home, and while these are overlooked and neglected, no other duties can possibly be substituted for them."
- "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another."
- "Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."
- "Train up a fig tree in the way it should go, and when
Saturday, July 16th, 2011 at 7:49pm. 1,735 Views, 0 Comments.
Created Sunday, 18 January 2009 15:50
Sellers: How to Make the Most of Your Home's Period Details
One of the major selling points of vintage homes is the attention to detail and fine craftsmanship only found in older houses. Learn how to make the most of the period details in your house to reap higher sales prices with these effective strategies:
Shine the Spotlight: Prepare your home in anticipation of taking plenty of photos. Pay attention to details and any unique features. If you have lived in your home for a while, ask friends or family to stop by and take a fresh look; it's easy to forget how desirable your home is when you see it every day.
Provide Details: Was your house built with old yellow pine? Chances are it is virtually…
Saturday, July 16th, 2011 at 7:49pm. 969 Views, 0 Comments.
Ideas for Valentine's Gifts That Won't Break the Bank
Your special someone is one of a kind, so it's only natural you want a gift that reflects how special and unique they really are. Here to help are some great tips on finding the perfect Valentine's Day gift without spending a fortune.
Express Yourself: Take time to write down how you really feel, then add a few favorite poems and pictures to create a book they will cherish forever. Visit an inexpensive print-on-demand publisher like Lulu.com to have it bound, printed and delivered straight to your door.
Personalize: Instead of giving an average gift, make something extra special by personalizing their favorite wine, board game (Monopoly is especially fun!)…
Saturday, July 16th, 2011 at 7:48pm. 910 Views, 0 Comments.
10 Useful Ways to Get the Most out of Facebook
Think Facebook (www.facebook.com) is just for kids? Think again.
1. Mobile Photo: Add the mobile app to take photos with your cell phone and upload them to Facebook automatically.
2. Post Polls: Create your own surveys for personal or business use.
3. Find Friends: Track business associates, friends or family by subscribing to their RSS feed, then watch their every move.
4. Research: Find out how many people are located within a certain demographic area by visiting the Facebook Insight corner.
5. Syndicate Yourself: Use Facebook notes to import the RSS feed from your blog. Once established, it can be distributed to all your Facebook friends.
Saturday, July 16th, 2011 at 7:48pm. 1,054 Views, 0 Comments.
Download the complete newsletter.
Family and Home Tidings Newsletter February 2009 Crossword Puzzle
1 - Atmosphere
4 - Distress signal
7 - Deride
8 - Not closed
10 - Republic in S Arabia
11 - Pertaining to the moon
13 - Lair
14 - African ground squirrel
16 - Honey insect
18 - British nobleman
20 - Spun by spiders
21 - Saturate
22 - Deep gruff sound
24 - Flexible
26 - Vitality
28 - Unit of energy
29 - Existing power structure
33 - New Zealand evergreen tree
37 - Spurt
38 - Hurried
40 - Raced
41 - Mischievous person
42 - Leg of lamb
44 - Ocean
45 - Many times
47 - Drive back
49 - Location
50 - Germinated grain used in brewing
51 - Automobile
52 - Wily
1 - Direct a gun
2 - Mountain goat
3 - Resume
4 - Capable
Saturday, July 16th, 2011 at 7:48pm. 1,204 Views, 0 Comments.
Spurs Remain in First, Beat LA
The Spurs continue to hold onto first place in the Southwest Division, but their lead is only one game over New Orleans. The division is still the most competitive in the NBA and will likely remain that way throughout the season. There are only four games separating the first place Spurs from the fourth place Dallas Mavericks. Most importantly for the Spurs, there are no injuries, and the team is playing terrific ball.
Over the last five games since the new year started, the Spurs have gone 4-1, while beating the LA Lakers in a 112-111 nail biter. Everyone rushing to declare the Lakers the repeat Western Conference champs again this year, may now have to reconsider. The game…