Get Ahead Job Hunting
Posted by Admin SATXProperty on Saturday, July 16th, 2011 at 8:56pm.
5 Ways to Get Ahead of the Pack When Job Hunting
Whether you are merely browsing for potential opportunities or newly unemployed and searching in earnest, learn how to set yourself ahead of the pack when job hunting with these effective employment strategies.
- Update the Resume. Use keywords to maximize exposure and pass pre-screening filters while remaining concise and relevant. Focus on demonstrated results and measurable outcomes.
- Network. Social media sites like LinkedIn are created with professionals in mind, so make the most of contacts to enhance exposure.
- Manage Your Media. Blogs, a personal website and even your online persona on other sites say a lot about you, so make sure to manage your online presence. More employers than ever research prospective applicants so create an online presence that will impress.
- Pay to Play. Depending upon your field, many websites allow job seekers to pay to play. It can be well worth the time, effort and expense to set up an account and pay to access the contact information for a specific position at a large company or gain other insider information about upcoming positions.
- Old School. Although technology has transformed the way we search for jobs, don’t neglect old-school methods. For example, in addition to using a recruiter, sign up for RSS feeds for instant notification of every position within a given zip code in order to maximize your reach. Alumni associations, employer-provided placement and other sources remain valuable resources.
Family and Home Tidings is brought to you free by:
7272 Wurzbach Rd., Ste1003,
San Antonio, TX 78240
Thanks for reading! If you'd like to tell me what you think about this newsletter, or if you're thinking of buying or selling real estate, please get in touch.
Please share your thoughts! Leave a blog comment below. You are invited to join in on a conversation with on-topic and thoughtful/meaningful comments or possibly as a guest blog contributor. The San Antonio Real Estate and South Texas Blog(SATXBlog) is my personal blog to share all kinds of thoughts and information. All comments and posts are reviewed, approved and may be edited or moderated. No Spam commenters. No web links within comments. Blatant self-promotion and advertising will not be tolerated.
P.S. If you are wanting to search online for San Antonio real estate, look no further. If you know anyone wanting to buy or sell San Antonio real estate let them know about me and my website.
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!