Quotes of Charles Dickens
Posted by Admin SATXProperty on Saturday, July 16th, 2011 at 7:49pm.
Some quotes from the writings of Charles Dickens, who was born on February 7, 1812:
- "Please, sir, I want some more."
- "Never close your lips to those you have opened your heart."
- "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."
- "It is right to begin with the obligations of home, and while these are overlooked and neglected, no other duties can possibly be substituted for them."
- "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another."
- "Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."
- "Train up a fig tree in the way it should go, and when you are old sit under the shade of it."
- "Reflect on your present blessings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
- "Subdue your appetites, my dears, and you've conquered human nature."
- "With affection beaming out of one eye, and calculation shining out of the other."
- "We need never be ashamed of our tears."
- "Accidents will occur in the best regulated families."
- "It is a melancholy truth that even great men have their poor relations."
- "The first rule of business is: Do other men for they would do you."
- "Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts."
Download the complete newsletter.
Family and Home Tidings newsletter is brought to you by:
Roman Alfaro, Jr. & Randy Watson
Texas Real Estate Agents
Mission Realty, Inc.
7272 Wurzbach Rd., Ste 1103,
San Antonio, TX 78240 210-734-5590
Thanks for reading! If you'd like to tell me what you think about this newsletter, or if you're thinking of buying or selling real estate, please get in touch.
This newsletter and any information contained herein is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. The publisher takes great efforts to ensure the accuracy of information contained in this newsletter. However, we will not be responsible for errors or omissions or any damages, howsoever caused, which result from its use. Seek competent legal counsel for advice on any legal matter. This newsletter is not intended to solicit properties currently for sale.
Please share your thoughts! Leave a blog comment below. You are invited to join in on a conversation with on-topic and thoughtful/meaningful comments or possibly as a guest blog contributor. The San Antonio Real Estate and South Texas Blog(SATXBlog) is my personal blog to share all kinds of thoughts and information. All comments and posts are reviewed, approved and may be edited or moderated. No Spam commenters. No web links within comments. Blatant self-promotion and advertising will not be tolerated.
P.S. If you are wanting to search online for San Antonio real estate, look no further. If you know anyone wanting to buy or sell San Antonio real estate let them know about me and my website.
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!