Winterize Your Home
Posted by Admin SATXProperty on Saturday, July 16th, 2011 at 8:03pm.
‘Tis the Season.. To Winterize Your HomeTaking the time to prepare your home for the cold weather is a great way to protect your investment and save money now and in the long run. Here are just a few tips to keep you and your home cozy this winter:
- Clean your gutters to prevent water from building up and freezing.
- Keep out the cold air by sealing the areas around windows and doors.
- Caulk gaps, cracks or holes if necessary.
- Clean your heating ducts and change your furnace filters.
- Trim trees and remove dead branches to prevent ice buildup, which could cause damage to your home, surrounding property or power lines.
- Prevent frozen water pipes by draining and insulating them. Keep your heat running, even when you're away from home.
- Insulate. Since warm air rises, start by making sure your attic is protected.
- Foolproof your fireplace. Clean the chimney, ensure the damper opens and closes properly and have plenty of firewood on hand for all those chilly winter nights!
Please share your thoughts! Leave a blog comment below. You are invited to join in on a conversation with on-topic and thoughtful/meaningful comments or possibly as a guest blog contributor. The San Antonio Real Estate and South Texas Blog(SATXBlog) is my personal blog to share all kinds of thoughts and information. All comments and posts are reviewed, approved and may be edited or moderated. No Spam commenters. No web links within comments. Blatant self-promotion and advertising will not be tolerated.
P.S. If you are wanting to search online for San Antonio real estate, look no further. If you know anyone wanting to buy or sell San Antonio real estate let them know about me and my website.
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!