Created Tuesday, 07 July 2009 19:04
Ask the Agent: This Month’s Question
I want to make sure that I am choosing the right neighborhood. How can I decide?
Consider these factors.
- Are there good local schools? Whether or not you have children, good schools increase property values.
- Is the area close to services such as hospitals, public transportation, shopping, parks, and recreational and cultural sites?
- How safe is it? Check with police, and look in the newspaper for crime-watch statistics.
- Are people outside their homes, working in their yards or walking their dogs? Neighbors who interact with one another create a safer and more pleasant environment.
- Is the area popular? Ask your real estate agent, and check the number of “for sale” and “sold” signs.
- What is the neighborhood’s price range? Have average property values gone up, gone down or stayed the same?