San Antonio Nightlife
Written by Randy Watson
For those who enjoy the nightlife, San Antonio offers a wide-range of places to relax with a drink and friendly conversation. From slick and trendy art bars, to saloons and cantinas, whatever your pleasure, you\'re sure to find a place to hoist a glass of your favorite beverage with some friendly locals. Here are a few of the more popular haunts of San Antonio . . .Cheers!
· Medusa Lounge: Featuring an art gallery with many interesting works by local San Antonio artists, this cool cocktail bar offers a comfortable, tranquil place to imbibe and appreciate. Medusa Lounge also shares a courtyard with Zinc next door, so bar hopping is quite easy, and you really get two bars for the price of one.
203 N Prensa St
· Club Antro: For anyone interested in electronic music, Antro provides the scene. Hipness is the key word here, and Antro doesn’t disappoint. Thursday nights are especially swinging. DJs spin everything from techno to disco, and trance to reggaeton and rock en Espanol.
7959 Fredericksburg Rd
· Revolution Room: Another in San Antonio’s growing list of hipster hangouts, Revolution Room makes patrons feel like they are in on the plot. With pictures of Einstein, Che Guevara, and Ghandi, you can think deep thoughts, or dance to deep house on the underground dance floor. Revolution Room is decked out in cool-blue lighting, and futuristic furniture. It also features Wi-Fi and a great two dollar happy hour.
· Midnight Rodeo: For those looking for a real San Antonio hoedown, this joint provides the real deal. Put on your boots and hats and hit the floor to dance to the music of some of the hottest acts in the region. The folks are always friendly, and all ages make up the clientele. Hours and acts vary throughout the week, so it’s best to call ahead of time to confirm.
12260 Nacodoches Rd
· Azul: Anyone interested in broadening their horizons should check out Azul. Although the façade and décor say post-industrial, the music and drinks say international chic. A favorite with young professionals who work downtown as well as tourists staying nearby, Azul caters as much to the after-work crowd, as the late-night one. Don’t be surprised to hear acid jazz, bossa nova, or samba music being played. Azul also features a drink list with specialties from Cuban mojitos, to Mexican margaritas, and Brazilian caipirinas. Enjoy the Latin vibes as you chill out on one of their comfy couches.
248 Losoya St#A